[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Jan 26 19:40:18 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 07:35:47PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 07:28:14PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> > > Where did you get this idea?
> >
> > From this:
> >
> > - All changes shall be reviewed and approved by at least one other
> >   developer
> >
> > The alternative is that a rule for external contributions was never
> > mentioned at all...
>
> OK, so this unclear, let me rephrase it:
>
> - All changes (by long-time as well as new developers) are to be sent
>   as patches to ffmpeg-devel.  Once they have been reviewed by at least
>   one other developer knowledgeable in the area touched by the patch
>   they are pulled into the central repository.
>
> Does that clarify the original intention?

Yes, at the cost of confusing the meaning of the term "developer" though.
And not considering that I consider quite some parts of FFmpeg to have
0 developers that are really knowledgeable.
So not that much of a win overall.