[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 26 21:56:58 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:34:52PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:22:41PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > motion_est.c is used for encoding only.  If a cleaned-up version turns
> > > out to be slower, this is something that can be tolerated up to a point.

> > > Don't be silly, this is not about me vs. you and it's not to be done for
> > > me or a group of people, it's to be done for FFmpeg.  I'm not asking for
> > > a favor here either.  I'm suggesting a paid task that I would vote for
> > > as foundation board member if you were inclined to take it on.
> >
> > My FFmpeg is happy with its motion_est.c.
> > And i dont see why the community would prefer a ffmpeg binary that is slower
> > and has a better formated source file that no user will ever see anyway.
> > The developers migh care abot cleaner API and faster compile but your
> > suggestion was oddly worded then
> >
> > And i prefer to be silly and continue my civil disobedience against an
> > illegitimate takeover of ffmpeg
> > if you wanted to fork you could have and still can choose a new name.
> > And note i dont say i want you to fork, but if you choose to do it, then do it
> > properly please!
> > Ive seen people on IRC feel offended when i used the term "leader",
> > the offense is because your side has not switched to a different name.
> > I never meant to assert that iam the leader of the new maintainers.
>
> > id commit seppuku if i where that. And actually at this point maybe you should
> > consider that too? Id vote in the foundation to fund your burial
>
> I think i overshoot my goal here, this joke came out more extreem than intended

to repat what i said on irc, i just tried to be funny

The real ebay dictionary, page 3
"Rare item" - "Common item with rare defect or maybe just a lie"
"Professional" - "'Toy' made in china, not functional except as doorstop"
"Experts will know" - "The seller hopes you are not an expert"