[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Jan 27 00:02:08 CET 2011

On 01/26/2011 04:46 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> ronald gave his ok yesterday on IRC, sorry for the delay, heres the mail:
> [..]
>> of affairs. We do want all developers to stay around and keep
>> contributing. We do appreciate all your work. As an example, Diego and
>> Benjamin have brought up that they would like the foundation to
>> financially compensate you and Diego for your work on license
>> compliance (which we would eventually charge back to the offenders).
>
> I think the part that the accusation relates to is this part. I just
> want to make it clear that the timing of expressing this idea might be
> poorly chosen, but this idea is not new. It has been discussed between
> board members, including Michael, many times before. I was attempting
> to make a point that we appreciate contributor's time and efforts, and
> do not want to kick them out of the project or prevent them from
> contributing.
>
> Ronald

As my name is mentioned I'll comment this. The timing was bad and the
wording ambiguous so the intent could be miss interpreted imo. Anyway I
still believe in compensating people for their time contributing to the
FFmpeg project (within reasonable limits). But so far few suggestions
have been presented to the board. And none of those related to this.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson