[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 27 01:24:31 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 03:36:41PM -0500, compn wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:08:16 +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >I haven't even really seen the bikeshedding decrease all that much.
>
> +1
>
> >Where you get from that the justification to _still_ have that repository
> >as the only one on the home page I cannot understand even remotely.
>
> mru said he was going to fix this today. else i'll apply that patch from
> 'restore git.videolan to download page' thread.
>
> why it was removed in the first place without asking half of the
> developers i dunno. i'm willing to chalk it up to a mistake and drop
> it. i guess.

The official repository is the videolan repository, the other repository will
be removed from that page.
This is a decission of me as leader of the project. This soap opera was going
on for long enough and has caused tremendous harm already, carl practically
left, ramiro too, i met him and he said he unsubscribed from all lists.
i have dozends of mails from developers in my inbox that object to this
and the people voting never knew they where voting about a takeover of ffmpeg.
They belived they voted on a ultra secret compromise to bring mans back into
the project which would have required me to loose leadership.
Thats also why iam being deleadered by it its just a demand of mans to come
back not the actual wish of the people signing.
There never where 18 people who wanted me not to be leader, there where 18
people who considered the compromise of me loosing leadership and mans coming
back in exchange to be worth a try. And several people refused to sign, some
contacted me and told me they feel ashamed that their name is on that list.
And all the rules for the new maintainers, they AFAIK where invented in a few
hours on IRC while discussing other things thats why they are nonsensical
selfcontradictionary rubish

This went too far. It ends now.

Iam also asking diego and mans to resign as roots with this mail. While i
do not see any ill intent, the leadership and organisation of
ffmpeg is not a playground for such secret agreements. Even less so when they
break the project into 2

I have tried to contact attila since 2 days but couldnt id like to speak with
him first, i know though he was not participating in the discussions and thus
i do not know what he actually knew and what he agreed to

PS: i would have sent this earlier but i just a short time ago got more
information on what really was going on

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras