[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 27 04:31:51 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:16:34PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le septidi 7 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit?:
> > And i prefer to be silly and continue my civil disobedience against an
> > illegitimate takeover of ffmpeg
>
> I know you wanted to be funny, but there is a base of truth behind it: you
> seem to insist on keeping the title "leader" out of mischief and protest
> against the coup, while you said yourself a few days ago that you felt tired
> of the leading duties.

i felt tired but with the more people i speak and the more i find out the
more certain i am that there never where 18 people agreeing to this.

and theres no way one can force a decission by calling 50 people on the phone
and talking them into a yes and then not recording the no votes.

> If you really are tired of being project leader, maybe you should consider
> endorsing the self-appointed new leaders: state clearly the conditions you
> would find acceptable to do so.

i do not endorse them
I would offer (and did offer) jason my leader title when i would resign.
He is capable to lead ffmpeg but the 7 people on this list are not
just look at the chaos we have now
and thats one reason why i cant leave, iam still needed here the second
reason is some work offer related to ffmpeg once these 2 are done i might
leave

> The current situation is very uncomfortable for small contributors like
> myself, as we always fear to introduce conflicts and/or irritate one side or
> the other. I suppose this is even worse for someone who did not follow the
> discussions.

I stated it privately to a few, i repeat it in public here.
I have no problem with people working on mans tree or with later returning to
mine.

> For the sake of the project, I really hope we can come back to a situation
> where nothing can be called a fork, only personal working trees.

with people randomly revert my commits its hard for me to resolve this

Into a blind darkness they enter who follow after the Ignorance,
they as if into a greater darkness enter who devote themselves
to the Knowledge alone. -- Isha Upanishad