[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Jan 27 04:57:27 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Stefano Sabatini
>> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
>>> On date Monday 2011-01-24 20:33:41 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:

>>> BTW I believe one of the main objectives of the foundation should be
>>> to raise funds for sponsoring the main contributors of FFmpeg for
>>> working on it without the need of other incomes, and Michael was and
>>> is by far the most fundamental contributor to the project (even after
>>> the "restructuring").
>>>
>>> I hope this will be possible in the future, still waiting for the
>>> foundation thing to be set up.
>>
>> They are set up, we have money and are funding Justin right now. Come
>> with fantastic ideas for projects and people to work on them and we'll
>> fund more (as long as there's money of course).
>>
>> Ronald
>
> How about we get some money to "encourage' irock's work on 10-bit
> H.264 decoding?

I'm all for this. How much would be useful / proper for this? Are
there companies interested in funding this, that we (I) can contact to
back us up? (Foundation can pay for it itself, but it's even better if
we can get companies to fund the foundation to fund him.) Once we know
this, I can bring it up with the board.

Ronald