[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 27 05:27:12 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 04:42:47PM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> >There never where 18 people who wanted me not to be leader, there where 18
> >people who considered the compromise of me loosing leadership and mans coming
> >back in exchange to be worth a try. And several people refused to sign, some
> >contacted me and told me they feel ashamed that their name is on that list.
>
> I was one of this "some".
>
> I backed your opinions via private mail, but only under the condition
> that you stop this.  You haven't stopped this -- instead, you've gone
> back to being your prior self in every possible worst sense of the
> phrase.
>

> >They belived they voted on a ultra secret compromise to bring mans back into
> the project
>
> "You're an incompetent leader who's drunk on power" has nothing to do
> with anyone except yourself.  In fact, I would have probably been more
> supportive of the "compromise" if Mans wasn't involved and wasn't
> coming back.

well mans and diego pushing ffmpeg onto mphq where they have 100% control
as they are root is being drunk on power.
we moved to videolan it was discussed and agreed and publically so.

> > The official repository is the videolan repository, the other repository will
> > be removed from that page.
> > This is a decission of me as leader of the project.
>
> >Iam also asking diego and mans to resign as roots with this mail.
>
> You are insisting that everyone else resign, yet you yourself still
> refuse to resign as "leader".  This is ridiculous.  You are even worse
> than Mans and Diego: you want everyone else to give a mile when you
> won't give a single inch.

The problem is if a group of people forks they must choose a new name and
new domain. people cannot "fork" and then pretend they are the new leadership
of an existing project and the existing leader is no more.
And people signing that announcement didnt even know that it would not be a
proper fork (i talked to several of them thats why i know)

> I trusted that you would try to learn something -- anything -- from
> your mistakes.  I was wrong to do so.  If you somehow get your way and
> manage to sneak back into the position of "leader", I'm out of the
> project.

I wont stay as slave worker no. If i loose my leadership by a valid
vote i leave.
Of course iam not and never asserted to be the leader of the new maintainers
fork. They just assert they are all of ffmpeg for which i am currently still
leader.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates