[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Rob robert.swain
Thu Jan 27 09:52:49 CET 2011

On 27 January 2011 09:48, Rob <robert.swain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 January 2011 05:27, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

>>> You are insisting that everyone else resign, yet you yourself still
>>> refuse to resign as "leader". ?This is ridiculous. ?You are even worse
>>> than Mans and Diego: you want everyone else to give a mile when you
>>> won't give a single inch.
>>
>> The problem is if a group of people forks they must choose a new name and
>> new domain. people cannot "fork" and then pretend they are the new leadership
>> of an existing project and the existing leader is no more.
>
> As I now disagree with the way the announcement was done, I will agree
> that if there had not been an overwhelming majority amongst active
> developers that the group should have forked and not taken over.

To clarify, if there had been a majority amongst active developers (as
there certainly was from common knowledge and looking at the commit
counts), there should have been some public change of the leadership
situation and not a takeover. I do not condone what was done.

Regards,
Rob