[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Thu Jan 27 10:07:44 CET 2011

Hi,

(disclaimer: it's been a while since I've been here, and I'm still
trying to digest all I read so far)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:20:30 +0100 Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

> this is not fun, this is fact. this illegitimate takeover was a very bad idea...

I think everyone agrees that the way things have been done really was a
bad idea. I'd just like to say that there must have been reasons for
this to happen this way (time constraints? Winter sales?).

Can we please now try to focus on the real problem: Why was a fork
necessary? What do we need to change in order for this project to work
at its best rate? By "best rate", I mean with the highest number of
*motivated* people aboard, and possibly on a single main tree (instead
of two), and multiple personal trees.

The way it is now will drag people away from the project.
There are really high level devs and multimedia gurus in here. I
really wish people could just code more, and talk more about technical
issues than about the rest.

Cheers,
--
Ben