[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 27 19:19:40 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:07:44AM +0100, Benoit Fouet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (disclaimer: it's been a while since I've been here, and I'm still
> trying to digest all I read so far)
>
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:20:30 +0100 Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,

> > this is not fun, this is fact. this illegitimate takeover was a very bad idea...
> >

> I think everyone agrees that the way things have been done really was a
> bad idea. I'd just like to say that there must have been reasons for
> this to happen this way (time constraints? Winter sales?).
>
> Can we please now try to focus on the real problem: Why was a fork
> necessary?

mans demanded either
 * me to be kicked out of the project
 * or me to be striped of leadership
    and i refuse to continue to work under mans as root if iam not leader.
so the 2 are equal and mean fork either way

some people signing the announcement knew above and some people signing it
where aparently not told about it.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates