[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 27 19:44:11 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:02:51PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > I think me and mans finding an agreement and staying together in one single
> > repo would also be a move toward a solution but people really must want this
> > otherwise we will start fighting again.
>
> So, Mr. Leader, what have you dont to move us towards this solution lately?

fixed the link on the homepage, but you reverted it

contacted many people and tried to talk,

from you i got not even a reply IIRC

jason replied:
> I tried being on the same project with mans and diego as roots for 5+ years.
> thats enough. It worked with arpi before as root but after server and roots where
> switched problems slowly started. It doesnt even matter why problems started
> and neither if its them, me, us or anything else. Problems happened and will
> happen again in the same configuration thus i will not try that one again.

This seems to be exacerbated by the fact that both of you are
convinced that the other can't get along.  So it becomes a
self-fulfilling prophecy: "13:17 <mru> it's not about who is root,
it's about not giving in to michael".
--------------------
I tried to call attila twice and he replied by SMS that he has no time
until the next weekend to talk

Ive met with ramiro in person and tried to convince him to enable his
fate & autobuild servers again

Ive tried to find people to take over root in case we vote, i have 2 people
who volunteer and i would volunteer too and i belive theres also vladimir
who volunteered previously

I loged on to IRC as many have requested since years

I talked with several people on the signature list and found out that they
didnt know all that precissely if this was a fork, a takeover, or something else
and some apparently didnt know about the mans in, kick me out / strip my title

And iam sure ive forgotten many things

Now let me politely ask what did your side do to resolve this?
ive not yet recived a single phone call from you, or diego, or mans or benjamin

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.