[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

compn tempn
Thu Jan 27 22:31:30 CET 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:24:06 -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> So, Mr. Leader, what have you dont to move us towards this solution lately?
>[..]
>> contacted many people and tried to talk,
>>
>> from you i got not even a reply IIRC
>>
>> I loged on to IRC as many have requested since years
>
>This is good. Seriously, this is good. I'm happy to see you on IRC,
>and it's good to see you talk. Please keep doing it, contribute to
>technical discussions and so on - that's what we try to do there (plus
>a lot of random chatter, ignore it if you don't like it).
>
>> I talked with several people on the signature list and found out that they
>> didnt know all that precissely if this was a fork, a takeover, or something else
>> and some apparently didnt know about the mans in, kick me out / strip my title
>>
>> And iam sure ive forgotten many things
>>
>> Now let me politely ask what did your side do to resolve this?
>> ive not yet recived a single phone call from you, or diego, or mans or benjamin
>
>We did call you. We told you to fix things up with Mans. That didn't go well.
>
>Now let me quote Jason:
>
>> [..] You haven't stopped this -- instead, you've gone
>> back to being your prior self in every possible worst sense of the
>> phrase. [..]
>>
>> "You're an incompetent leader who's drunk on power" has nothing to do
>> with anyone except yourself. [..]
>>
>> You are insisting that everyone else resign, yet you yourself still
>> refuse to resign as "leader". ?This is ridiculous. ?You are even worse
>> than Mans and Diego: you want everyone else to give a mile when you
>> won't give a single inch.
>>
>> I trusted that you would try to learn something -- anything -- from
>> your mistakes. ?I was wrong to do so. ?If you somehow get your way and
>> manage to sneak back into the position of "leader", I'm out of the
>> project.
>
>Please read this:
>- you are power-drunk
>- we don't want you as BDFL
>- you are delirious
>- I'm not the only one that feels this way

so you guys want michael to not be leader.
and michael wants mans and diego to not be root if he is not leader.

is that it basically? thats the entire list of demands on both sides ?
doesnt seem so bad.

-compn