[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 27 22:50:28 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 08:13:23PM +0100, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:02:51PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> So, Mr. Leader, what have you dont to move us towards this solution lately?
> >
> > fixed the link on the homepage, but you reverted it
> >
> > contacted many people and tried to talk,
> >
> > from you i got not even a reply IIRC
> >
> > jason replied:
> >> I tried being on the same project with mans and diego as roots for 5+ years.
> >> thats enough. It worked with arpi before as root but after server and roots where
> >> switched problems slowly started. It doesnt even matter why problems started
> >> and neither if its them, me, us or anything else. Problems happened and will
> >> happen again in the same configuration thus i will not try that one again.
> >
> > This seems to be exacerbated by the fact that both of you are
> > convinced that the other can't get along. ?So it becomes a
> > self-fulfilling prophecy: "13:17 <mru> it's not about who is root,
> > it's about not giving in to michael".
> > --------------------
> > I tried to call attila twice and he replied by SMS that he has no time
> > until the next weekend to talk
> >
> > Ive met with ramiro in person and tried to convince him to enable his
> > fate & autobuild servers again
> >
> > Ive tried to find people to take over root in case we vote, i have 2 people
> > who volunteer and i would volunteer too and i belive theres also vladimir
> > who volunteered previously
>
> Actually, I did not, Kieran "nominated" me. But even then, given my
> $dayjob+$family workload and the root "rights and duties" as outlined
> shortly afterwards have prevented me from considering such a position.

forget the "rights and duties" list please it was a failure

anyway we still have 4 candidates even without you now and without the 3 current
mphq roots  :)

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."