[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Jan 28 12:18:08 CET 2011

On 01/28/2011 12:10 PM, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> On 1/28/11, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

>>> I'm yet to see proof of that.
>>> Honestly, give me example where he broke the written rules.
>>> Because this was what you wrote as your condition.
>>
>> libmpcodecs.
>
> What about it?
> He proposed patch, the path have been discussed.
> He didn't commit it until after the coup.

I know I'm wasting time.

Here something longer.

The clauses weren't about breaking rules alone but keeping a sane
behaviour and refrain from having double standards.

the "proposed patch" came attached with a request to bend the rules.
That alone made him demoted in my eyes and in the eyes of many.

How the whole situation evolved to the worst and the current disparaging
of others contribution makes me even more convinced that this change is
the best for the project and that it should had to happen way before.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux