[FFmpeg-devel] can't compile libavfilter with mp filter

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Fri Jan 28 16:53:32 CET 2011

On 28 January 2011 16:31, vmrsss <vmrsss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> ? ? ? ?After the transition to the new git repository, I cannot link libavfilter, it lacks
>
> ? ? ? ?avcodec_register_all, avcodec_encode_video, ..., etc (see output below)
>
> If I configure with --disable-filter=mp then the build completes just fine.
>
> Am I doing something wrong perhaps to do with having checked out a
> fresh copy of the repository?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

> Really looking forward to the mp filters, thanks for your help
>

> configure and make:
[...]
> LD ? ? ?libavfilter/libavfilter.1.dylib
> ld: warning: -read_only_relocs cannot be used with x86_64
> Undefined symbols:
> ?"_avcodec_register_all", referenced from:
> ? ? ?_vf_open in vf_screenshot.o
> ?"_avcodec_open", referenced from:
> ? ? ?_config in vf_mcdeint.o
> ? ? ?_config in vf_mcdeint.o
> ? ? ?_config in vf_mcdeint.o
> ? ? ?_vf_open in vf_screenshot.o
> ? ? ?_config in vf_uspp.o
[...]
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [libavfilter/libavfilter.1.dylib] Error 1

I think it failed because there have been some prefix changes that
were imported from the repo at git.ffmpeg.org to git.videolan.org. The
person who imported it didn't consider that some extra changes might
be required because the git.videolan.org repo has the mp filter (and
git.ffmpeg.org doesn't).

-V