[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Sat Jan 29 23:45:11 CET 2011

On 29 January 2011 19:29, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 06:36:00PM +0100, Herv? W. wrote:
>> On 29 January 2011 17:43, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

>> > Also file maintainers can commit to videolan and mans can then review,change
>> > and pull as he sees fit. If you are lazy _this_ really is the way to go :)
>>
>> I don't think a stable repo on videolan and a more-stable repo on
>> ffmpeg is wise. I think either 1 repo, or 2 repos that are exact
>> mirrors of eachother would be better.
>
> nah, you misunderstood, iam speaking of specific formating and
> "ohh my eyes a bleeding" requirements not stability.
>
> broken code is NOT welcome in the videolan repo.
> but if someone has an issue with the existing (quite strict) whitespace
> formating rules, but the code is otherwise fine, its welcome in videolan
> also just because some code has mplayer ancestry does not exclude it from
> consideration nor if it comes from anywhere else. For me the actual code
> matters not how its formatted or where its from.
> And i will pull all imrpovments mans does so its not that his tree would
> have any better formated code, just less code.

So basically, you'd like it to remain the way it is now.
V?ctor, Stefano, Reimar, Jason, Nicolas and others, do you agree with
that? should I shut up and let things develop however? Personally, I
think the way it is now is messed up with the back and forth pulling
of changes between the two repos.

-V