[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 30 01:46:19 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:40:33AM +0100, Herv? W. wrote:
> On 30/01/2011, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> >> So basically, you'd like it to remain the way it is now.
> >
> > Dont put words in my mouth
> >
> > Iam chatting with ben about a compromis solution, but he has no time today.
>
> More private communication?

Well, ive asked on the ML with whom to talk about a compromise, only ben
awnsered.
NOONE said discuss it on the ML and do a vote afterwards

And ive tried to talk with about half of the people on the signature list before
but that got nowhere.
Its kinda tricky to negotiate a compromis with a group that lacks a leader

> isn't that how the split happened in the
> first place?

It happened because people in charge abused their positions
had it been done in public they could have pulled that too or they could have
forked

> Are you sure you wouldn't want to discuss that with 1 or
> 2 more people (not me, I'm nobody), perhaps Reimar if he has a little
> time?

I would expect that ben will talk with all relevant parties of both sides
collect oppinions and then draft something and ask if everyone agrees or
wants further changes until a consensus is reached amongth all interrested
developers.

This seems the most effective way to find a compromise to me.
iam not sure how that could be done in public, its not a simple A vs B please
put a cross there thing. We tried such a vote and the result was that while
most want me to be leader there are enough who dont want me to be to have
pulled this coup.

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."