[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 30 03:32:38 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 06:09:56PM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Herv? W. <H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> nah, you misunderstood, iam speaking of specific formating and
> >> "ohh my eyes a bleeding" requirements not stability.
> >>
> >> broken code is NOT welcome in the videolan repo.
> >> but if someone has an issue with the existing (quite strict) whitespace
> >> formating rules, but the code is otherwise fine, its welcome in videolan
> >> also just because some code has mplayer ancestry does not exclude it from
> >> consideration nor if it comes from anywhere else. For me the actual code
> >> matters not how its formatted or where its from.
> >> And i will pull all imrpovments mans does so its not that his tree would
> >> have any better formated code, just less code.
> >
> > So basically, you'd like it to remain the way it is now.
> > V?ctor, Stefano, Reimar, Jason, Nicolas and others, do you agree with
> > that? should I shut up and let things develop however? Personally, I
> > think the way it is now is messed up with the back and forth pulling
> > of changes between the two repos.
>
> IMO a pulling war is very stupid.

IMO every war is stupid, thats why we are trying to find a compromise

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact