[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmtech-board-election] FFmtech board elections

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jun 9 17:25:43 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 10:37:24PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Id like to propose to the board (all in To:) to extend the number of
> directors from 7 to 9. Ideally by letting people vote on 7 vs 9.
> I propose this because i feel kicking 2 of 9 candidates out is
> disrespectfull to them and would only increase hostility without
> any advantage.
>
> The reason for this late proposal is because i did not know there
> where just 9 candidates until recently and because i tried
> to mail that suggestion to the election ML unsuccessfully.
>
> If my proposal isnt accepted i immedeatly resign as director
> and withdraw my candidacy from the foundation. I dont want to be
> part of this vote of "who are the 2 most hated developers" in any way.

Thank you all for quickly awnsering my proposal of allowing voters to
vote between 7 and 9 directors.

Ben, Please accept my immedeate resignation as director.
Ben/Baptiste, please remove me from the candidates of this election.

If you wanted to vote for me, please accept my appologies of taking
this step now.
But i dont want to be part of an election for which rules are
"finetuned" unilaterally (without discussion and without vote) by the
libav.org side 2 days before the election.
While my proposal is rejected with a "too late"

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator