[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] lavfi: API for setting link negotiation properties

Mina Nagy Zaki mnzaki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:50:17 CEST 2011

There's a utility function currently for setting common formats on all pads of a filter:
defaults.c: void avfilter_set_common_formats(AVFilterContext *ctx, AVFilterFormats *formats)

This is insufficient as we also need to 1) set channel layouts and 2) differentiate between
sample formats and pixel formats such that these utility functions work properly for
transmedia filters (with both audio and video pads, and possibly more).

As such I propose this to be split into:
avfilter_set_common_sample_formats()
avfilter_set_common_channel_layouts()
avfilter_set_common_pixel_formats()

Does this seem like The Right Thing?