[FFmpeg-devel] Full support for sending H.264 in RTP

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Wed Jun 15 13:34:51 CEST 2011

Hi all,

rtpenc support for H.264 is currently incomplete (it supports
only one of the two possible H.264 bitstream syntaxes).

As a result, something like
	ffmpeg -re -i video.mp4 -an -vcodec copy -f rtp rtp://127.0.0.1:10000
(where video.mp4 contains an H.264 video stream) will not work.

The attached patch fixed this problem, by implementing support for the
"MP4" syntax of H.264 bitstreams (sorry, I call it "mp4 syntax"; I do not
know the correct name).

I know this patch causes some code duplication (or quadruplication :);
this is why I never submitted it for inclusion (it is actually a quite
old patch).
But I continuously receive private emails from people asking for the
patch... So, at least now it is archived in the mailing list
archives ;-)

As a side note, the command I posted above segfaults on exit. This is
unrelated to my patch (it segfaults even without it).

				Luca

P.S.: I am not subscribed to the mailing list. If you reply, please cc:
me.