[FFmpeg-devel] BUG? interlaced encoding using libx264, nal-hrd

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Fri Jun 24 18:01:29 CEST 2011

In the meantime I can tell that before this error

"[libx264 @ 0xdaa7a0] VBV parameters cannot be changed when NAL HRD is in use"

appears, the vbv parameters have been set correctly,
so it's merely an annoying message of the vbv parameters being
set more than once, than an actual error.

Still it's strange because both ffmpeg and libx264 believe the
vbv parameters have changed somewhere in the middle of the
encoding process, while there is no way to have them
changed inbetween...

Next I will check if the output actually has the correct
nal-hrd stuff and whether it's played correctly
(interlaced, tff).