[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] MinGW+FFmpeg survival guide

Axel Holzinger aholzinger at gmx.de
Sat Jun 25 19:29:12 CEST 2011

On Saturday, June 25, 2011 6:40 PM Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 06:19:18PM +0200, Axel Holzinger wrote:
> > On Saturday, June 25, 2011 5:32 PM Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > >
> > > The answer isn't quite as simple unfortunately.
> > > There are unfortunately some flags that are used directly
> > > in the Makefile, like -c, -o etc. they will be an issue.
> > > For everything else the filter function can replace
> > > absolutely anything with anything else.
> >
> > I will have a look, thank you.
>
> Note that due to above, it might be best to have a wrapper script
> in addition that can replace some of the simpler command-line
> options.
> Possibly such a wrapper script around icl that emulates gcc might
> even work best at all, without configure changes.

:-)

That's what I did a year ago. Well I wrote a little C++ translation
program that did convert the gcc/icc switches to icl. But that's still
a pita.

A win developer's dream would be native configure script support for
icl, but I guess as lang as ms and intel don't really care about C it
will remain a hard task.

Thinking about that I remember that still stdint and stdbool headers
are missing for icl, because it just relies on the ms headers and
there they're missing.