[FFmpeg-devel] to hijack or not to hijack (was: [PATCH] source snapshots back in action since a long time)
Wed Mar 2 18:07:14 CET 2011
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 23:45:29 +0100
Alexander Strasser <eclipse7 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hijacking the project server seems more provocative to me. I think
> this also could have been known in advance.
I'd like to correct here a few things.
1) Most of the infrastructure FFmpeg uses is owned and is paid by either
Luca, Mans, my brother or me. How can someone hijack something he owns?
2) Legally speaking, even the main server (natsuki) owned me (MPlayer
cannot own anything legally)
3) The main server does not belong to FFmpeg but to MPlayer. FFmpeg is only
a guest on MPlayers server. Sofar i have not heard any complaints from the
MPlayer side regarding this. (Yes, i know that the money to buy the server
was collected from both MPlayer and FFmpeg).
4) The rackspace and bandwith was given to MPlayer and FFmpeg as a personal
favor to me and not as a favor to the projects.
5) Michael moved the repository away from natsuki the day before the
announcement. I.e. he _left_ the server as main development place before
anyone "hijacked" it.
6) I offered to send the server to anyone who has a claim on it, given they
pay the shipping. This offer was completely ignored.
The trouble with you, Shev, is you don't say anything until you've saved
up a whole truckload of damned heavy brick arguments and then you dump
them all out and never look at the bleeding body mangled beneath the heap
-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin
More information about the ffmpeg-devel