[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] The Big Bump checklist
Mon Mar 7 20:12:33 CET 2011
On 03/07/2011 06:41 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> "Ronald S. Bultje"<rsbultje at gmail.com> writes:
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Anton Khirnov<anton at khirnov.net> wrote:
>>> Two more things: AVPalette control and AVCodecContext.request_channells
>>> have been deprecated since stone age, yet are still used in some places.
>>> Any volunteers for fixing those?
>> I don't think we have any decided-upon replacement for AVPalette, do we?
> I thought there was one since at least 3 or 4 years.
As far as I understand the replacement for AVPalette control is to send
the palette along with the image data in data as described in
* When the pixel format is palettized RGB (PIX_FMT_PAL8), the palettized
* image data is stored in AVFrame.data. The palette is transported in
* AVFrame.data, is 1024 bytes long (256 4-byte entries) and is
* formatted the same as in PIX_FMT_RGB32 described above (i.e., it is
* also endian-specific). Note also that the individual RGB palette
* components stored in AVFrame.data should be in the range 0..255.
* This is important as many custom PAL8 video codecs that were designed
* to run on the IBM VGA graphics adapter use 6-bit palette components.
* For all the 8bit per pixel formats, an RGB32 palette is in data like
* for pal8. This palette is filled in automatically by the function
* allocating the picture.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel