[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Tue Mar 15 19:51:59 CET 2011

On Tuesday, 15 March 2011 at 19:31, Mark Himsley wrote:
> On 15/03/2011 14:00, Rodney Baker wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:22:06 Olivier Galibert wrote:
>
> >> May the best team win.
> >>

> > ...and everyone else loses
>
> Well said.
>
> Here I am, just re-joined ffmpeg-devel to get some advice on enhancing
> the filters and I'm told the project has been renamed and the mail lists
> are closed. Strange - the web site and email lists still work.

It was an underhanded attempt by the "revolutionaries" to draw people
away from ffmpeg.org. As Michael stated, the mailing lists will not
be shut down and the project has not been renamed, only forked.

Regards,
Dominik

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | RPM Fusion http://rpmfusion.org