[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC project (JPEG 2000)

rukhsana afroz rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 06:08:41 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am having compilation error while compiling ffmpeg code with jpeg 2000
files. I put all jpeg 2000 .c and .h files in libavcodec directory. However,
while replacing these files, I found, there are already dwt.c and dwt.h
files in libavcodec directory. I found lots of inconsistency between current
dwt.c/h files and jpeg2000 dwt.c/h files in terms of function parameters and
function implementation. Therefore, i renamed jpeg2000 files to dwtg.c and
dwtg.h and changed the corresponding refereneces in some places. My code is
in "git at github.com:rukhsana/
jpeg2000.git". Now, if i compile this code, i get the following error:

CC    libavcodec/j2k.o
libavcodec/j2k.c:168: error: no previous prototype for
make: *** [libavcodec/j2k.o] Error 1

"ff_j2k_init_tier1_luts" function has been declared in j2k.h file,
implemented in j2k.c file and has been called from j2kdec.c file. My goal is
trying to decode a j2k file by the current decoder. I have read one book and
the specification on jpeg 2000. Now, i am not totally illeterate for jpeg
2000 coding standard.

If anybody could help me on getting rid of current compilation error, that
would be great for me.

Rukhsana Ruby
Phd Student
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
The University of British Columbia