[FFmpeg-devel] Help with git bisect

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu May 12 14:36:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:01:39PM +0000, Jon Drukman wrote:
> Hendrik Leppkes <h.leppkes <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Jon Drukman <jsd <at> cluttered.com> wrote:
> > > How do I check out the version of ffmpeg immediately prior to this
> > > commit?
> >
> > you could just revert that single commit locally, and test if that
> > already solves your issue.
> >
> > git revert 91360ce61d00bb20429fb41857abebf50a5c6b1d
> >
> > The change looks simple enough, so the revert should work flawlessly
> > for testing.
>
> Yep.  Fresh checkout and reverting that one commit fixes the problem.  What is
> the procedure for having the commit reviewed and either fixed or removed from
> ffmpeg?

best to ask the maintainer of the code and author of the commit.
its baptiste for both, he should be most qualified to awnser if the
commit should be reverted or if the bug is elsewhere.

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik