[FFmpeg-devel] webm streaming

jianwen chen jianwen.chen.video at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:16:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Dirk Griffioen <dirk at code-shop.com> wrote:

> >    I have interests in this topic. But I am wondering how to have a live
> > stream with MKV file format. All the information is stored in the
> beginning
> > of the file. Maybe chapter can be used? or what?
> >

> Well, Gstreamer has a patch for webm streaming and the matrsoka spec says
> how it could be done (http://matroska.org/technical/streaming/index.html)

Great, on the website, it mentions "A live Matroska stream is different than
a file, because it may have no known end (only when the client disconnects).
For that the Segment *must* use the "unknow" size (all 1s in the size). The
other option would be to concatenate Segments with known sizes one after the
other. This solution allows a change of codec/resolution between each
segment which can be useful in some cases (switch between 4:3 and 16:9 in
some TV programs for example).  "

I have test concatenate segments with know size together, but it dose not
work. Maybe the approach I try to concatenate the segments is not correct.
Is there anybody can help?

Jianwen