[FFmpeg-devel] Bad build

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed May 18 17:34:24 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:02:25PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 01:25:55PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Wednesday 2011-05-18 12:00:12 +0100, JULIAN GARDNER encoded:
> > > Ok just pulled in latest git and now i dont get any valid udp data.
> > >
> > > I did this because i was seeing a problem with the '-g 75' command,
> > > in the old encoders i get a keyframe within 3 seconds, but with the
> > > version from yesterday, before todays git pull i am getting a key
> > > frame ~11 seconds.
> > > I noticed in the log a note about 'open gop" so i did a pull,
> > > rebuilt and restarted 4 streams, nothing that either ffplay, ffprobe
> > > or vlc can play.
> > >
> > > So i was going to look into which commit broke the code and i was
> > > wondering what is the best wasy, i noticed the git bisect command,
> > > and need to find a starting point.
> > >
> > > Any pointers would be helpful
> >
> > That's related to issue #157:
> > https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/157
> >
> > I'm not sure how this should be fixed (would possibly involve libx264
> > changes).
>
> ill fix it

Fixed, please use -x264opts keyint=123
this also allows you to set any and all x264 options without any
changes to ffmpeg

If someone could add documentation for this, that would be great

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.