[FFmpeg-devel] can't get it to work on CentOS

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon May 23 22:47:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:14:34PM +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
> I need help to get ffmpeg to work on a CentOS server.
> I can't understand why it has to be so difficult.
> I first tried installing it with yum:
> yum install ffmpeg
> but when I tried to convert some amr files to mp3 I got this error:
> [amrnb @ 0x626e90] dtx mode not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version
> to the newest one from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that
> your file has a feature which has not been implemented.If you want to
> help, upload a sample of this file to
> ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel
> mailing list.
> repeated a lot of times.
> That didn't make much sense, because on another CentOS box I have a
> version of ffmpeg that a friend of mine compiled several years ago which
> can decode the same files without any issue (and so does the version for
> ubuntu that I got with apt get on yet another box).
> However I thought the package from the repository must be outdated and
> hence I followed the instructions I found here
> http://www.pawprint.net/news/index.php?action=view&nid=105
> getting the latest version from SVN and compiling it from scratch.

please see

for where and how to get the latest version

If you still have problems after that, please submit a bug report to

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"