[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Legal threat from libav admin

Herve Flores herve.flores at free.fr
Tue May 31 12:09:47 CEST 2011

Le 30 mai 2011 à 18:26, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :

> Hi comrades
> See attached image (its of a pdf i got today per email with address
> blacked out, i suspect i will get paper too)

here is my comment (I didn't mail to you before, … 'cause I have not enough time actually to work on it):

logo files here (you just have to dl "favicon.png" & "ffmpeg-logo.png", and replace them on your server)

and a proposal (not ended) for the site, yours is ugly ;-)
this is a very simple version: full text with css, and only 2 pictures (logo and background)

PS: full files here (with old files from the old thread)

PPS: I will have more time in one week

Last: I'm illustrator, mainly working for children editors, so I well know "copyright laws / author rights" in my country
In france, you cannot have a patent on a "mathematical symbol" (I don't know US laws), so this version should be fully compliant