[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Legal threat from libav admin

Herve Flores herve.flores at free.fr
Tue May 31 22:46:24 CEST 2011

Le 31 mai 2011 à 21:35, Nicolas George a écrit :

> Le duodi 12 prairial, an CCXIX, Ivan Kalvachev a écrit :
>> Would you provide explicit license for the use of this logo?
>> We assumed that the old logo was under free license, like the rest of ffmpeg.
>>
>> Sorry for been too paranoid ;)
>
> I believe this is necessary too. The source code, if relevant, would be nice
> too.

Logo's "source" is an Adobe Illustrator file (version from CS1)
The font name is not yet defined, choice will be between the fonts I already bought or from some opensource font (…not decided yet)

I don't like the creative common license, I think it's better to give all rights to someting/someone (aka the "FFmpeg project"). For the future, it's easier to manage and safer for every use
(I know, my sentence is not very compliant with open-source mood :-D)
bye

Hervé