[FFmpeg-devel] Call for Maintainers

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Nov 3 20:19:14 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 12:43:25PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> > clone ffmpeg there, and start maintaining the code you want to maintain.
> > You can push your changes in there, review patches on the mailing list
> > and push them into your repository. When you are happy with everything
> > you just tell me to pull the changes into main.
> > The key-point is that your repository must be release quality, review
> > happens before you push changes in. (review happens by you as you are
> > the maintainer and in any way/form you choose to do it).
>
> Does ffmpeg have a test suite we should add to as well?

Yes
We have some self contained selftests, they just require changing
stuff in the tests/ directory
and the fate testsuite which basically runs some tests on various
media files downloaded via rsync if you want/need to add testfiles to
the server just contact Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com>
if you need to update some checksums because they changed, they are
all in ffmpegs git so they can just be changed with whatever change
to the code needs them to change.

You can kill me, but you cannot change the truth.