[FFmpeg-devel] AAC-HE problem

Dan Haddix dan6992 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:41:01 CEST 2011

I'm having a problem with ffmpeg crashing while decoding AAC-HE audio. I'm using the ffmpeg libs directly in a Windows based app. I'm building them myself using MinGW. I can't really debug them, but through a lot of trial and error with logging statements I've tracked the problem down to a couple of calls in the file aacsbr.c. Specifically the calls to dsp->vector_fmul_reverse. On my build/system vector_fmul_reverse is calling the SSE version of the function. Not sure if that matters. I've discovered that if I replace the array passed in for parameter 2 (i.e. sbr_qmf_window_ds) with a local variable I create on the spot, then the process does not crash, but obviously it does not work right either.

So for example if I replace this line in sbr_qmf_analysis...

dsp->vector_fmul_reverse(z, sbr_qmf_window_ds, x, 320);

with...

float foo[320];
dsp->vector_fmul_reverse(z, foo, x, 320);

I can avoid the crash. I'm thinking this might be some sort of memory alignment issue, but since I can't really debug the source I can't say for sure.

A little more info... I'm using the 0.6.3 source and I use the following configuration for building...

CXXFLAGS=-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS ./configure --disable-doc --disable-ffserver --enable-w32threads --enable-memalign-hack --disable-static --enable-shared --disable-outdevs

Does anyone have an insight as to what's wrong? Or how I might fix it?

Thanks,
Dan