[FFmpeg-devel] Simplify use of audio_resample

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 18 12:42:13 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:17:57AM +0200, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure to understand the motive of having some audio_resample heuristics
> in transcode_init() and more in do_audio_out() (with some duplicates); if there
> is no particular reason for this, the first patch is meant to regroup the
> audio_resample R/W into do_audio_out() only.
>
> Then the flag is just removed from OutputStream in the second patch since it
> does not seem needed anymore.
>
> I guess more simplifications could be done, but before I eventually try that I'd
> like to know if I'm not missing any particular special cases since that part of
> the code isn't quite obvious.
>
> fate seems ok, but I'm not sure there are some tests for this.

please test with some file that changes its audio parameters mid stream
it should work to just concatenate 2 mp3 or mpeg-ps with diffenrent
parameters
also please test -async != 0
if all that works the patches should be ok

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin