[FFmpeg-devel] h264 decoding regressions

madshi madshi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:50:56 CEST 2011

2011/10/23 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
> I believe it (bunny) played incorrectly, but it does not
> matter: It plays fine now.

With the July ffmpeg version the GBR bunny was
decoded correctly, but output as YCbCr 4:4:4. When
treated by the media player / renderer as GBR, it
played just fine.

Now with the latest ffmpeg sources it's correctly
output as GBR and works just fine, too. So the
problem is definitely fixed now (thanks, Michael).

> The second file (BBB...) does not crash (anymore?),
> does it also work for you?

Yes, it works fine for me now, too.

> Do you have a H.264 444 9-bit sample?

Unfortunately not. But I guess x264 could be used to
create such a file?

Best regards, Mathias.