[FFmpeg-devel] drop slices

Hardik Sharma hardik.sharma22 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 19:52:44 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

As i m trying to drop slices from past many days and not yet succeeded for h264 video sequence. I m using ffmpeg which is using x264 libraries. Right now I am trying to find the flow in encoder.c file of x264 to figure out where I can drop slices/NAL. But my printf statements are not working or atleast not displaying on the terminal neither in log files. Can anyone tell me that which function should I look into particularly as i m very new to ffmpeg/x.264. Or if there is any way to drop slices/NAL/packets in ffmpeg code and where?

I want to drop slices and introduce controlled error finally. I will really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks.