[FFmpeg-devel] ffprobe can produce invalid XML

Ian Ashley iashley at opentext.com
Tue Apr 3 16:19:23 CEST 2012

Dear Carl,

The text of my previous posting got removed[ probably because it was an HTML mail, ops ].

Here is the start of the movie file extracted with dd and it can be used to demonstrate the invalid XML using

ffprobe -print_format xml -show_streams -loglevel 0 cnet-start.mp4.

Sorry but I don't have patcheck available and cannot find reference to it on the web. I also reported the issue as bug 1163. The full replacement of the function is in the ticket so this could be used to edit ffprobe.c. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help get this change committed as it would prevent me having to make the change to subsequent releases.

Regards,
Ian