[FFmpeg-devel] FATE/wmv8 debugging help

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 9 00:14:42 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 10:45:05PM +0200, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 08:31:21PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Hello,
> > currently the fate-wmv8-x8intra test is disabled because it failed
> > rather randomly on different machines.
> > Unfortunately, it passes for me on all.
> > So it would be great if as many as possible of you could try running
> > make fate-wmv8-x8intra
> > on latest git, and if it fails extract the data for the first of the
> > failing frames.
> > Unless you have a better idea of how to make progress on this
> > (valgrind is no help unfortunately).
> >

> Seems to pass here (valgrind too), but I have a pretty standard
> configuration (linux/x86_64/gcc). Any hint on what kind of configuration
> it is expected to fail?

I am afraid I don't remember for sure.
The discussion in the thread back then seemed to mention OpenBSD and
different compiler versions...
I mean we can of course just enable the test again, and annoy Michael
a bit by making FATE yellow :-)
But even then we'll only know which configs fail, I'd still need
to get the data...