[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg based video player for ios devices.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Apr 16 12:11:13 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 02:18:37PM +0530, Vijayendra Tripathi wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I wish to create an ffmpeg based player for iPhone and iPad. I am not
> conversant with video programming. However I was able to write a small demo
> on iPhone simulator that reads frames and displays them on screen without
> any audio. I looked into ffmpeg code to some extent and it looked like time
> consuming process to build a proper video player out of it for ios devices.
> The big challenge I think would be audio - video sync. Also the current
> build script of ffmpeg failed to produce libraries for ARM architecture,
> may be I missed out something. I was able to run the demo on simulator
> using i386 compiled libraries though.  Is there anyone who is interested in
> consulting me on this?

have you considered to just port ffplay to i* ?
its a working and maintained video player
its SDL based so theres possibly reason to replace the SDL parts with
something more native at some point ...
not sure how well SDL itself works on the i* devices

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway