[FFmpeg-devel] Tracking down frame corrupting race conditions on Windows.

Dale Curtis dalecurtis at chromium.org
Sat Apr 21 03:09:19 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 01:49:13PM -0700, Dale Curtis wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> We've been running into an issue where the decoder (avcodec_decode_video2) is
>> returning corrupted frames on Win32; some images showing the corruption:
>
> Did you compile against pthread or the pthread emulation inside FFmpeg?
> To my knowledge the latter still isn't correct.

I'm unsure, I just used the configure options for --enable-pthreads
and --disable-w32threads. Which required the MinGW pthreads DLL so I
assume it is not the internal pthread emulation. I've also tested with
the pthreads builds from LibAV without success:

http://win32.libav.org/win32-pthreads/

- dale