[FFmpeg-devel] Flac Sample Format

Goo Creations goocreations at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:26:50 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've been stuck with this problem for a while now. When opening a flac file
and doing the following:

AVCodecContext *codecContext = NULL;
AVFormatContext *formatContext = NULL;
AVCodec *codec;

avformat_open_input(&formatContext, "a.flac", NULL, NULL);
int streamId = av_find_best_stream(formatContext, AVMEDIA_TYPE_AUDIO, -1,
-1, &codec, 0);
codecContext = formatContext->streams[streamId]->codec;

cout<<codecContext->sample_fmt<<endl;

It returns -1 (AV_SAMPLE_FMT_NONE) with flac files (other codecs are fine).
If I use the terminal tool (ffmpeg -i a.flac) it says s32 under the stream
info. So what am I doing wrong that my code does not return the sample
format?

Thanks

Chris