[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Re: [FFmpeg-cvslog] vf_hqdn3d: reduce intermediate precision

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 1 00:02:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

compn wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:09:04 +0200 (CEST), Loren Merritt wrote:
> >ffmpeg | branch: master | Loren Merritt <lorenm at u.washington.edu> | Thu Jul 26 22:51:15 2012 +0000| [0f583e6cc55dfea865b6b3c9b4ac653455f37ec2] | committer: Ronald S. Bultje
> >
> >vf_hqdn3d: reduce intermediate precision
> >
> >11% faster on penryn, 7% on sandybridge, 5% on bulldozer
> >Negligible change to output.
>
> is this easily portable to mplayer code?
> or did we give up syncing the filters?
>
> whats current idea?
> move all mplayer filters into libavfilter, then switch mplayer over to
> use libavfilter ?
>
> (i am fine with whatever, i just like to know whats going on)

  Not sure, but IMHO:
  1) sync bi-directionally between MPlayer libmpcodecs and FFmpeg lavfi/libmpcodecs
     => should be done
  2) concerning lavfi <-> libmpcodecs: porting improvements in either direction
     => can be done if someone volunteers to do it (not much point in doing policies/rules for this)

  But maybe someone else can give a better answer...

  Alexander