[FFmpeg-devel] Getting info out of filters? (particularly af_silencedetect)

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Sat Aug 18 16:41:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'd like to run the silencedetect audio filter in my program and do
some silence removal, but first I need to know when that silence is.
Looking at the silencedetect filter, it just prints out silent
segments to the console. Is there an already existing way in the API
for filters to report information back to the user (without logging)?
If so, can someone help point it out to me so I can work up a patch?
If not, can we discuss ways of adding information reporting to the
filter API?

Thanks,

Michael