[FFmpeg-devel] Exposing preroll and remainder info for aac and mp3.

Raymond Toy rtoy at google.com
Fri Aug 31 00:59:34 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 04:21:41PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 11:08:07AM -0700, Dale Curtis wrote:

> reference

> > > Thanks Michael! The AAC audio files from the demo page are good
> samples:
> > >
> > > MP3:
> > >
> http://rtoy.github.com/webaudio/codec-tests/resources/media/square3.mp3
> >
> > fixed initial silence skiping
> >

> > > AAC:
> > >
> http://rtoy.github.com/webaudio/codec-tests/resources/media/square3.m4a
> >
> > posted a patch that will fix the initial silence on this as well
>
> fixed too

That's fantastic!  Thanks so much for fixing this.

Sorry to be a nag, but any ideas on removing the trailing silence too?  For
playback, I guess it's not that important since the end is silent, but if
we want to do gapless playback of audio as well, so the trailing silence
needs to be removed too.

But regardless, many thanks for fixing the initial silence on AAC files!

Ray