[FFmpeg-devel] pat/pmt changes on mpegts

Rainer Hochecker fernetmenta at online.de
Sat Dec 15 18:32:48 CET 2012

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:

> the data stream lacks a codec_id/codec_tag
>
> > +        ff_program_add_stream_index(ts->stream, h->id, st->index);
> > +        av_init_packet(ts->pkt);
> > +        ts->pkt->data = section;
> > +        ts->pkt->size = section_len;
> > +        ts->pkt->stream_index = st->index;
>
> the packets have no pts/dts/pos set
>
> also the patch breaks
> ffmpeg -i input.ts -map 0 out.ts
> in some cases
> (its because ffmpeg stupidly tries to encode the data stream in this
>  case, this is admitedly a ffmpeg bug but it would be ideal if it
>  would be fixed, though doesnt need to be in this patch)
>
> Thanks
>
> [...]

The data stream would have been nice form a player perspective but is not
really necessary. How do you think about the first part, just updating the
av program accordingly to current streams. Having the info there, players can
check it for changes. Should I submit a new patch for this?

Cheers,
Rainer