[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] mpegts: Provide a monotonic timestamp to the outside world

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:01:06 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Andrey Utkin
<andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/12/2 Harald Axmann <harald.axmann at hotmail.com>:
>>> No, this option should be runtime-switchable, look at set of AVOption
>>> mpegts demuxer already has.
>> Thanks, I added the command line option -correct_ts_overflow [0/1] with
>> default 1. It must be supplied before the input file (-i) to take effect.
>
> Pity to write after patch being applied.
> If there are any surprising side effects of this enhancement, it
> should be switched off by default.
> Are there any side effects?

I have tested a bunch of files myself, and it seems to work just fine.
Allowed me to rip out a bunch of handling from my own code.

If i find files which are behaving weirdly, i'll either send a patch
to fix it, or at least a sample for someone else to look at it.