[FFmpeg-devel] Develop Reader for National Instruments: TDMSformat

George george at mantlellc.com
Fri Feb 10 16:15:46 CET 2012

Matt;
Thank you for the reply.  My application is data logging from a large coil which picks up telluric events from the earth through the magnetic field.  I'm trying to use National Instruments analog to digital module NI 9232 and DAQ chassis which digitizes and streams the data WiFi (802.11G) to my laptop in remote field areas.

NI data logging method picks up the streaming data, logging it into TDMS via Signal Express or Lab View proprietary software.  I need to get this data into audio stream so I can use simple shareware like Audacity and Spectrum to view it in the field.  I can NOT generate data which is only useful via propriatary software, and NI only allow output to Excel or ASCII, which seems obscure to me.  My application must be ONE STEP.  Read the streaming data via Audacity/Spectrum and save to file.

I don' know if there is a way to read the data stream directly from WiFi into Audacity, if so that would work great.  Also, parsing is no issue as the audio type data is all I need.

George