[FFmpeg-devel] for ffmpeg org

Peter Wimmer (Lists) peter.wimmer.lists at 3dtv.at
Sat Feb 11 10:22:47 CET 2012

> No, that is not really the reason.
> The reason is that Microsoft no longer supports C, only C++.

Compilation in Visual Studio would be *extremely* useful, not only for me but for many people.

There so many C libraries that can be compiled with GNU and Microsoft compilers that above statements are only poor excuses. The truth is that some people here simply dislike Microsoft and their products.

If ffmpeg would compile in Visual Studio, I would have contributed an H.264 MVC implementation. But because it doesn't, I improved CoreAVC instead, which was much less pain to work on than ffmpeg.

Peter

3dtv.at
Peter Wimmer
Wankmüllerhofstr. 9